The existing Taxi and Limousine Commission (TLC) Inspection Facility and Office is located in a 2-story masonry building built in the 1960s. The site serves to a community of 373 employees of TLC and 1180 inspected vehicles every day. A portion of the existing building that is dedicated to the executive and enforcement operations is a 30,000 SF addition. This portion of building is to be demolished due to a structural degradation and poor soil conditions and replaced with a new building structure that will be elevated above the inspection lanes. Adjacent to the north side of the inspection lanes will be a new parking structure. It will be necessary to upgrade the lateral structural system of the existing inspection facility. The east and west CMU walls will be enforced by means of application of shotcrete from the exterior side, and north CMU wall from the interior side of the inspection facility. The existing roof of the inspection facility is to be removed in its entirety and a new metal deck with concrete shall be installed on top of the existing joists so as to improve the lateral stability in acting as a diaphragm.